Friday, September 27, 2013

Quick Portrait Sessions


In the last couple of months, I’ve been very busy in my personal life and business.  It resulted in me traveling around the work non-stop with only one week spent at home.  It was very difficult for me to organise any meaningful photo shoots.  One thing that is lacking in my portfolio are natural looking portraits.  To kill two birds with one stone I placed a casting call on Model Mayhem for models who wants portraits images.  The idea is to bring the minimum gear and only post process in Lightroom and no Photoshop.



The first shoot was with Joana from Lisbon Portugual.  She is an actress who happens to be in London for an acting workshop.  She replied to my casting call and we met up in a park in Holborn London.


I was also able to arrange another portrait sessions with Angela, a dancer who wants more up to date images for her dance portfolio.  We met up at Greenwich Park to take these photos.


At one point we did get some questions asked from security around Greenwich, but we did enough to convince them it was not a commercial shoot and he left us alone.



I really like the results I got from these two quick shoots and would like to do it more.  It just shows you do not need a lot of equipment to get great results.  All the photos were taken with my Canon 50mm F1.8 lens with a single bare flash.  Only Lightroom was used on raw files.

My Website.
My Flickr Page.
My Facebook Page.

No comments:

Post a Comment