Saturday, November 24, 2012

Portfolio Shoot with Jono Edmeades


This shoot came about because of a cancellation, but I had enough notice to place a casting call on Model Mayhem.  One of the models that relied was Jono.  I was intrigued, because he already has a good portfolio on his profile and he is on the book of Storm Models, an international model agency.  We arranged to shoot in the streets of City of London.


He wanted images that are different to stuff he has which are editorial and fashion.  I originally wanted to shoot some simple portraits, but Jono is looking for some images that are different for his model book.  We found the back of a bar with empty beer kegs and though that would make some interesting backdrop.




Once we started shooting, I noticed he needed little direction from me and was able to create a lot of poses with little input from me.  He uses his initiative and move that so he can create different looks.  Some models I've worked with before can be very stiff and need a lot of help from the photographer.  Jono is the opposite and suggest a lot of ideas.  He also has good understanding of photography from our conversation during the shoot and asked quite a few questions.  Models I've worked with before do not ask any questions about the equipment and light set up.


After shooting behind the bar, we went to park location near by and shot a few more photos.  The location is very different and we shot some very different images.  We were looking for some images with emotion, in keeping with autumn with the ground covered with yellow leaves.


I was very happy with the photos from this shoot.  It was great to work with an experience model like Jono and I hope these images are useful to him.

2 comments: