Sunday, November 4, 2012

Liverpool City Visit with Olympus E-PM1

I spent the last couple of days in Liverpool and I had my Olympus E-PM1 with me for this trip.  During this trip I managed to visit Tatton Park in Cheshire, Museum of Liverpool and Walker Art Gallery.

It was unfortunate the mansion house at Tatton Park was closed during the low season and I was only able to see the grounds and gardens.  The Gardens are not at its best in November.  If I was to return, I would want to make sure it is in the summer.

Olympus E-PM1 with 40-150mm IIR

Olympus E-PM1 with 45mm F1.8

Museum of Liverpool is a new museum that opened in 2011.  The last time I was in Liverpool was two years ago and the museum was under construction.  Although the museum is open to the public, the outside is still being finished.  It has interesting architecture full of sharp corners.  The company responsible for it is a Danish Company called 3XN.  Sitting on the Liverpool water front next to Albert Dock, if they wanted an eye catching building, they have certainly succeed.


Olympus E-PM1 with Panasonic 20mm F1.7

Olympus E-PM1 with Panasonic 20mm F1.7

The interior of the museum is equally interesting with a large central spiral stairs going up to 2nd and 3rd floors.  The museum contain a lot of history of Liverpool with it people and shipping background.

Olympus E-PM1 with Panasonic 20mm F1.7

Olympus E-PM1 with Panasonic 20mm F1.7

I found the museum very interesting and has a lot of opportunities for photographers to take some interesting photos.  The photos you see here are my first take of this place.  If I had a wide angle or fish eye lens, I am sure I could find more interesting view points.


Olympus E-PM1 with Panasonic 20mm F1.7

Olympus E-PM1 with Panasonic 20mm F1.7
Olympus E-PM1 with Panasonic 20mm F1.7

Walker Art Gallery is an art museum right in the centre of Liverpool near Liverpool Lime Station.  I houses a large collection of traditional art that is very different to Tate Liverpool.  It is definitely worth a visit if you are in Liverpool.

Olympus E-PM1 with Panasonic 20mm F1.7

Olympus E-PM1 with Panasonic 20mm F1.7

I mainly used my Panasonic 20mm F1.7 lens during this trip.  The only time I used other lenses was when I was at Tatton Park and want some shallow DOF images.  Through out the time I was in Liverpool, I used the Panasonic F1.7 lens.  It was refreshing not needing to use flash for the whole trip.  The combination of high ISO up to 1250 with F1.7 lens, I was able not to use flash at all.  The only problem I can see with this lens is the amount of distortion is large for a prime lens.


Olympus E-PM1 with Panasonic 20mm F1.7

Olympus E-PM1 with Panasonic 20mm F1.7



No comments:

Post a Comment