Friday, June 29, 2012

Studio Shoot with BaileyK - NSFW


Last weekend I did a photo shoot with BaileyK at Essex Photo Studio in Southend.  The studio has been around for a couple of years and I always wanted to shoot there but never had the chance.  It has a number of sets and is big enough for a few photographers to shoot at the same time.  On this occasion, I was sharing the studio with Gareth Dix, a photographer from Brentwood.  For makeup and hair, we enlisted the help of Charli Gladwin, a MUA we have both worked with before.


The images I wanted for this shoot is a real mix of images from glamour to nude.  To be honest I think nude is something that is very difficult to get right and I believe it is better to leave something for the imagination rather than totally nude.  I only want to spend a small amount of time shooting nudity this time.  I've also borrowed some old army and RAF uniforms.


For this shoot I used pink paper background, bed set and infinity cove.  Bailey was totally at ease to shoot clothed to nude and need little direction from myself.  I would recommend anyone to work with her.  I was able to capture some great images.


The lighting I used for this shoot was mainly restricted a single Strobeam DL4 with an umbrella softbox.  Sometimes I added a bare speedlite for rim lighting.  The studio has Bowen lights, but I took my own lights as I am used to them.  This photo show one of my photo setup at the cove.




As well as photography, I got into shooting stop motion video and I used a Canon 500D to capture one image every 15 seconds.  Moving the camera at regular interval or when I changed set.  This is the video I created from this shoot.



Studio Shoot Time Lapse - NSFW from Yat Tang on Vimeo.

Below are some of my favorite images from this shoot.  Any comments are welcome.





No comments:

Post a Comment