Sunday, August 28, 2011

Olympus E-PL1 Off Camera Set Up

Since getting my Olympus E-PL1, I've used it far more than my DSLR cameras.   It is so much smaller and I can carry it everywhere in a back pack or a shoulder bag.  Even when it is teamed up with my Nikon SB28 and radio trigger, it is still very portable.

Recently I went on a business trip to Southern Italy.  I took the E-PL1, Nikon SB28 and radio trigger with me.   While I was in Italy, I did a very quick photo shoot with a work colleague and his girlfriend on a beach at dusk.  I used the SB28 without modifier with another person holding the flash gun.  As it was a business trip, I did not take a tripod or light stand with me.  I am very happy with the quality of images I got.  The quality of jpeg straight out of camera are very good.


This photo shows the complete set up and a couple of photos from the beach shoot at dusk.  The photos are straight out of camera without any editing.  I set the white balance to cloudy as I prefer the slightly warmer colours.

Although there are now newer M4/3 cameras from Olympus and Panasonic, I can't see me upgrading for a long time.  I am not into equipment and gadgets  While the focus speed is annoying, I can live with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment